Who We Are:
The National Coalition Building Institute of Rochester, N.Y., Inc. (NCBI Rochester) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, affiliated with NCBI International, whose mission is to eliminate racism and all forms of oppression and discrimination. NCBI International has chapters in the U.S., South America, and Europe, and college affiliates across the U.S.
(To learn more about NCBI International visit www.NCBI.org)
NCBI Rochester creates vital collaborations with not-for-profit, public, business, and community organizations.
NCBI works from the premise that people are more open to dialogue when they feel valued and appreciated, not when they are made to feel guilty. We are skilled in creating a climate where everyone and every group are welcomed as vital contributors to the issues before us. Such an approach is also useful from an organizational perspective, whether questioning prevailing norms and beliefs or challenging oppressive systems.
NCBI Rochester will be a trusted voice in facilitating leadership development for diversity, cultural humility, and community building in the greater Rochester, NY area.
The mission of NCBI Rochester is to train and nurture leaders who become powerful cross-cultural allies in eliminating prejudice, oppression and other forms of mistreatment.
Behaviors We Strive Toward:
- Modeling in our individual relationships what we most yearn for in community
- Creating safe space to take risks, listen, and learn from each other
- Linking individuals and groups to champion what is best for all
- Demonstrating the transformative power of healing, individually and collectively
- Breaking the cycle of fear that keeps us from our true selves and from each other
- Knowing that we can achieve anything by remembering who we are and what we are capable of becoming